Saturday 2 April 2016

Love Entwined by Ineke Waijers-Persons

Many of you will instantly recognize this exuberant Love Entwined by Ineke Waijers-Persons, Tilburg, The Netherlands. What a stunner! I was lucky enough to see stages of Ineke's quilt progress whilst it was being made because she was generous enough to share pics over in my BOM Group. Now, Ineke's sharing finished images over in the LE Gallery and what can I say? Each is as gorgeous as the next!

Here's what Ineke had to say about her Love Entwined:

"The quilt is called “Send in the clowns”.  I have made some changes to give the quilt a circus theme, there are acrobats, clowns, circus animals, the circus director is there too. I have used Kaffe Fassett fabrics, some silks, cottons, satins, crushed velvet, embroidery, beads.

Searched a long time on the internet to find suitable circus fabrics. Made my own silhouette figures for the elephants and circus artists. Everything that reminded me of the circus has found its place on this quilt. Most of it is appliquéd by machine, I used a small blanket stitch, often with the help of a magnifier glass. At one stage started thinking about the quilting and decided I would let it be done professionally.

It is machine quilted by Elly Prins, who outlined everything and some overall pattern between the applications. Think it is my lifetime achievement this quilt ! Love it too bits, it is now proudly hanging in my living room from ceiling to floor and oh my god it is not a wallflower."


How many times can I even say WOW? I'm speechless, in the best possible way. Seeing Love Entwined made in a unique and stunning style is a real delight! Thanks Ineke, for sharing your beautiful work with all of us!

What about you? Are you making Love Entwined? Have you joined the Love Entwined BOM Group? Go ahead and join us as we share friendship, quilting tips and creativity.

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazing. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a treat - well done to Ineke for making such a wonderful version of LE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can is WOW!, like everyone else :-) This is just so unique, a real treasure, a great piece of art; I haven't got enough words!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Just sitting here with my chin down on my chest, mouth WIDE open in disbelief)!!!!! Bee-You-Tea-Full!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...